Epic Perfect World

Poll

Whould you like for the Server to have a special place that no other Private Server Has?

Yes,i'd love it!
22 (55%)
it whould be cool but hard to make.
10 (25%)
it's okay!
1 (2.5%)
nah i think it whould cost too much time and nervs!
5 (12.5%)
No it whould RUIN THE GAME!
2 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: Nov 28, 2013, 08:59 am

EPW Terrain and Specialtiz

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
  • I am Satan's Peacekeeper. Veritas Aequitas.
  • Characters: I have 18... #nolife
Out of curiosity, I wonder how hard it would be to have just a big flat land for events. Kind of like a soccer field-like setting.
Hard, not really.
Time consuming, maybe, it depends on it agatio knows how to remove the map wall and add it in another location if he plans on making it an extension of the map.
WHEN I IS DO THE DAMAGE ON THE PLAYER PLAYER IS THE GET 15m/s ANTIDIZZY I AM LIKE WAAAAAT NOOO AND HE IS RUN WHY:((( I NO IS CAN CATCH HIM WTFFF

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
Out of curiosity, I wonder how hard it would be to have just a big flat land for events. Kind of like a soccer field-like setting.

That'd be a nice idea but you run the risk of people ganking events and it becoming a PK spot. However, a nice flat open space would still be nice for PK too.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
  • I am Satan's Peacekeeper. Veritas Aequitas.
  • Characters: I have 18... #nolife
That'd be a nice idea but you run the risk of people ganking events and it becoming a PK spot. However, a nice flat open space would still be nice for PK too.
They could easily just make it a safe zone.
WHEN I IS DO THE DAMAGE ON THE PLAYER PLAYER IS THE GET 15m/s ANTIDIZZY I AM LIKE WAAAAAT NOOO AND HE IS RUN WHY:((( I NO IS CAN CATCH HIM WTFFF

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
They could easily just make it a safe zone.

I figured it would be for PK events. Cause if you are wanting it for non-PK events, you could just use a city. One's like Tusk, Walled Stronghold, Tellus, have big flat areas in SZ.

There is always the Arena btw.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
It can be done, but not sure if it's 100% needed.  It can probably be used for another event area, but who knows.

One thing I wish that the PW devs did was make the TW maps true to their terrain.  So like instead of having the battlefield we have now, we've have like snow for the northern lands, sand for Buried Bones, etc.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
It can be done, but not sure if it's 100% needed.  It can probably be used for another event area, but who knows.

One thing I wish that the PW devs did was make the TW maps true to their terrain.  So like instead of having the battlefield we have now, we've have like snow for the northern lands, sand for Buried Bones, etc.
That would be super cool and Im betting super time consuming to do since each area would need a different instance linked to it.

I really like the idea of having an Epic Town somewhere on here. The testing town where Agatio takes SS's of the new itens was used on so many other servers (like BD). Maybe we could have that put in with an Epic twist.
Last Edit: Oct 30, 2013, 02:02 am by Caffeine

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
That would be super cool and Im betting super time consuming to do since each area would need a different instance linked to it.

I really like the idea of having an Epic Town somewhere on here. The testing town where Agatio takes SS's of the new itens was used on so many other servers (like BD). Maybe we could have that put in with an Epic twist.

Oh yeah, that's probably why they didn't do it.  And there's also the question of how it'd render on older computers/systems.  Folks lag as it is in TW.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Bre.

• lelo.
  • Characters: Strategist

[16:47:01] Bre: this creeps me out.
[16:47:32] Zilara: Lmfaoo

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Okay so I was asked to reply in this topic. There is area in PW that isn't used, it was designed as a Guild House, but never introduced. It's surrounded by mountains. We use it as GM area, but it wouldn't be hard to clone it and make available for players. Although I don't think that it would be commonly used so I am not sure if it's worth adding...

Offline Sheikah

• Retired Staff Member
  • Baby GN.
  • Yo, where's my ba-ba and binky?!
Okay so I was asked to reply in this topic. There is area in PW that isn't used, it was designed as a Guild House, but never introduced. It's surrounded by mountains. We use it as GM area, but it wouldn't be hard to clone it and make available for players. Although I don't think that it would be commonly used so I am not sure if it's worth adding...

*walks into thread*

*sees Aga's post about cloning that area*

*lightbulb*

I can see it being used as another pvp event spot. :)

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
Maybe you can make the map open as an automated PK event area (1st, 2nd, 3rd place for most kills on that map during a certain amount of time)? Otherwise, if there isn't any custom thing only available in that map, there is no point to adding it really.

*walks into thread*

*sees Aga's post about cloning that area*

*lightbulb*

I can see it being used as another pvp event spot. :)

Great minds think alike.

Ennaoj

Adding new structures/npc's will just add much unneeded latency for the server, people complain about the lag as-is.

^^^^^
 | | | | | 

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
True, but small suggestion, maybe put it in morai/heaven/hell. Adding new structures/npc's will just add much unneeded latency for the server, people complain about the lag as-is.
Actually adding new maps and NPCs doesn't have anything to do with the overall latency. Adding shiny effects as weapons / skills or objects does affect the fps though.

Offline VookieCookie

• Forum Veteran

its looks rly nice D: the sun and everything Q_Q I wanna spend my time here D: